- Produce significant outcomes from research in energy conversion, transformation and innovative energy systems.
- Partner with Florida’s governing bodies to develop and implement a comprehensive and sustainable energy strategic plan.
- Produce scholarship based on rigorous empirical research that identifies and enables the manifestation of critical energy infrastructure that can operate in energy markets with new and more diverse range of energy suppliers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Florida’s unique geographical challenges and their spatial solutions. These challenges include but are not limited to transportation, distributed generation, and the impact of limited water resources on all manner of energy conversion.
- Provide an interdisciplinary curriculum in energy engineering, science and the sustainable energy economy, to produce the next generation of educators, engineers, scientists, policymakers and planners.
- To provide analysis and up-to-date pragmatic tools to meet the challenges of our energy-constrained era.